reconfiguring gfan.rules in local folder
Posted: 14 Nov 2016, 14:54
In gfan.rules, line 49, the function "eliminate_denominators_entire_affine" is not defined. I tried to fix it by removing the function in the gfan.rules in my local directories
however after reconfiguring gfan.rules, the problem still exists:
I think this is because polymake is using the following gfan.rules that to which I have no rights
How can I check which gfan.rules my polymake is using and how can I encourage it to use the one in my local directories? I tried putting my local directories at the beginning of $PATH, but that did not work.
Code: Select all
/users/others/reny/build/share/polymake/apps/fan/rules/gfan.rules
Code: Select all
fan > reconfigure("gfan.rules");
Please confirm the path to the program `gfan_bases' or enter an alternative location:
[program path] > /usr/bin/gfan_bases
Please confirm the path to the program `gfan_secondaryfan' or enter an alternative location:
[program path] > /usr/bin/gfan_secondaryfan
Please confirm the path to the program `gfan_topolyhedralfan' or enter an alternative location:
[program path] > /usr/bin/gfan_topolyhedralfan
fan > $ptconf = new Matrix<Integer>([[1,0,0],[1,3,0,],[1,0,3],[1,1,1]]);
fan > $Sigma = secondary_fan($ptconf);
polymake: used package gfan
Gfan is a software package for computing Groebner fans and tropical varieties.
Copyright by Anders Jensen
http://home.imf.au.dk/jensen/software/gfan/gfan.html
polymake: ERROR: no matching overloaded instance of Polymake::common::eliminate_denominators_entire_affine(Matrix<Integer, NonSymmetric>) at input line 1.
fan >
Code: Select all
/usr/local/share/polymake/apps/fan/rules/gfan.rules
/usr/local/share/polymake/apps/tropical/rules/gfan.rules