Page 1 of 1

Can polymake compute all triangulations of a pointset?

Posted: 07 Dec 2015, 23:41
by done-with-fish
I have a large number of pointsets. I want to write a script that finds all triangulations of each pointset. Can this be done within polymake? I'm aware that TOPCOM has this capability, but I'd like to accomplish this within a polymake script I'm writing.

Re: Can polymake compute all triangulations of a pointset?

Posted: 08 Dec 2015, 09:38
by joswig
Beware that TOPCOM has two functions, one for computing all triangulations and a second one which computes those which are regular or related to a regular one by a sequence of flips.

Only the latter is interfaced by polymake.
Provided that TOPCOM is installed and configured you can, e.g., do from application polytope:

Code: Select all

$t=topcom_all_triangulations(cube(3)); print $t;
However, our current interface cannot use TOPCOM's capability of taking symmetry into account. That would be a welcome addition to our features.

Do you want to volunteer?

Re: Can polymake compute all triangulations of a pointset?

Posted: 08 Dec 2015, 18:02
by done-with-fish
Thanks for the reply.

I have topcom on my system but I haven't configured it to work with polymake. Is this anywhere in the documentation?

Re: Can polymake compute all triangulations of a pointset?

Posted: 08 Dec 2015, 20:18
by done-with-fish
Ahh, I figured it out.

I'd be glad to volunteer to contribute!