Page 1 of 1
Polymake 2.14r1 doesn't start after compilation
Posted: 08 Oct 2015, 13:17
by mws
I just downloaded Polymake 2.14r1 and installed it without any errors (so it seems at least) on my up-to-date Arch Linux system. When I try to start it I get the error message
Code: Select all
Loading applications now...polymake: ERROR: Corrupt or incomplete installation: shared module /usr/local/lib/polymake/bundled/cdd/lib/fan.so missing
Before I was running Polymake 2.15 without any problems.
Any idea how to fix this problem?
Re: Polymake 2.14r1 doesn't start after compilation
Posted: 08 Oct 2015, 17:12
by joswig
Please say precisely what you did. Did you compile from the sources?
Which is your C++ compiler? Which is your Perl version? Did the latter change after you installed your previous polymake?
Do you really mean polymake 2.15? That would be a beta available from github only.
Try to remove your .polymake folder in your home directory and try again.
Re: Polymake 2.14r1 doesn't start after compilation
Posted: 08 Oct 2015, 19:50
by mws
I compiled Polymake 2.14r1 from the source code available on polymake.org. The compilation finished without any errors (that's what it reported at least).
As a C++ compiler I am using clang version 3.6.2. My perl version is perl 5, version 22, subversion 0 (v5.22.0). Perl did not change between the successful build of 2.15 and the not so successful build of 2.14r1; the same is true for all other libraries that polymake uses.
Deleting ~/.polymake I had already tried. It did not resolve the issue.
And, yes, I mean 2.15. I had to use it because 2.14 wouldn't compile with an up-to-date perl.
Re: Polymake 2.14r1 doesn't start after compilation
Posted: 08 Oct 2015, 22:09
by blorenz
Hi,
please try removing /usr/local/lib/polymake and /usr/local/share/polymake, then run make install again in the source folder. It might be due to some files that were moved from the core into application fan of bundled/cdd for the 2.15 beta.
Benjamin
Re: Polymake 2.14r1 doesn't start after compilation
Posted: 09 Oct 2015, 11:50
by mws
Deleting /usr/local/share/polymake did the trick.
Thanks, Benjamin & Michael!