Page 1 of 1

equal_polyhedra

Posted: 28 Jan 2015, 22:19
by satya123999
Dear polymake team,

I import the following set of inequalities (in lp format)

Code: Select all

Maximize Subject To c0: - a1 = 0 c1: a1 - a2 = 0 c2: a1 - a3 = 0 Bounds a1 free a2 free a3 free End
then when I execute the following commands, it doesn't return 1 ?
$f = convert_to<Rational>lp2poly('file.lp');
print equal_polyhedra($f,$f);

Regards,
Satya

Re: equal_polyhedra

Posted: 29 Jan 2015, 17:38
by blorenz
Hello Satya,

thank you very much for your bug report. The problem turned out to be very subtle and somewhat deep inside the polymake code. We have fixed the problem for the upcoming release 2.14, scheduled around February.

A quick workaround for you is to edit apps/polytope/rules/lp_float.rules and move line 72 (\( \texttt{\$P->INEQUALITIES = \$Mineq;} \)) below line 86 (\( \texttt{\$P->EQUATIONS = \$MEq;} \)).

Best regards,
Benjamin

Re: equal_polyhedra

Posted: 30 Jan 2015, 13:04
by satya123999
Dear Benjamin,

I am curretnly having polymake version 2.12, So, untill I update to the 2.14 polymake next month, Can you please suggest changes in 2.12 version ?

Regards,
Satya

Re: equal_polyhedra

Posted: 30 Jan 2015, 13:23
by blorenz
Hello Satya,

for polymake 2.12 the corresponding change would be to switch lines 45 and 46 in apps/polytope/rules/lp_float.rules. Change it from

Code: Select all

$P->INEQUALITIES=new SparseMatrix<Float>($parser->Ineq); $P->EQUATIONS=new SparseMatrix<Float>($parser->Eq);
to

Code: Select all

$P->EQUATIONS=new SparseMatrix<Float>($parser->Eq); $P->INEQUALITIES=new SparseMatrix<Float>($parser->Ineq);
But I cannot test whether this works because I do not have a working 2.12 installation right now.

Benjamin

Re: equal_polyhedra

Posted: 02 Feb 2015, 09:47
by satya123999
Thank you , it works :)