Installing Polymake under Mac OS 10.9
Posted: 20 Mar 2014, 09:09
Dear polymake team,
I'm tring to install Polymake using Homebrew and Perlbrew to resolve dependencies. All works fine until the command
./configure --without-fink LDFLAGS=' -stdlib=libstdc++' CXXFLAGS=-I/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
There I get a Warning:
perl module Term::ReadLine::Gnu required for polymake seems to be unusable.
An attempt to load it has failed because of the following:
Cannot do `initialize' in Term::ReadLine::Gnu
Please be sure to rectify the problem prior to starting to use polymake.
I can do make and make install but then Polymake does not start exactly for the problem described in the Warning. Can somebody help me?
Thank you
I'm tring to install Polymake using Homebrew and Perlbrew to resolve dependencies. All works fine until the command
./configure --without-fink LDFLAGS=' -stdlib=libstdc++' CXXFLAGS=-I/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
There I get a Warning:
perl module Term::ReadLine::Gnu required for polymake seems to be unusable.
An attempt to load it has failed because of the following:
Cannot do `initialize' in Term::ReadLine::Gnu
Please be sure to rectify the problem prior to starting to use polymake.
I can do make and make install but then Polymake does not start exactly for the problem described in the Warning. Can somebody help me?
Thank you