Mac 10.9, close but problem with perl
Posted: 05 Dec 2013, 15:39
First off, thanks to the developers for this useful piece of software.
After updating to 10.9, I have been trying to install polymake.
Following the mac how-to, I made several small changes to the procedure
- Using fink, installed readline6, boost1.53.python33, and gcc48
I could configure using
But received the following ominous warning
Configuration goes on, nevertheless.
I could make and make install, but on attempting to use polymake the problem with the perl installation came up
I've tried using the perl version in fink (not recommended as I understand) and specifying the location of the system version, but either I'm too ignorant of unix basics to get it right, or there is a bigger problem with 10.9.
I would be grateful for any advice about how to proceed here.
After updating to 10.9, I have been trying to install polymake.
Following the mac how-to, I made several small changes to the procedure
- Using fink, installed readline6, boost1.53.python33, and gcc48
I could configure using
Code: Select all
./configure CC=/sw/lib/gcc4.8/bin/gcc-fsf-4.8 CXX=/sw/lib/gcc4.8/bin/g++-fsf-4.8Code: Select all
WARNING: perl module Term::ReadLine::Gnu required for polymake not found on your machine.
Please be sure to install it prior to starting to use polymake.
If you have installed them in a non-standard location
please add the path to the environment variable PERL5LIBI could make and make install, but on attempting to use polymake the problem with the perl installation came up
Code: Select all
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _Perl_mod
Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/polymake/perlx/5.16.2/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Polymake/Ext/Ext.bundle
Expected in: flat namespace
dyld: Symbol not found: _Perl_mod
Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/polymake/perlx/5.16.2/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Polymake/Ext/Ext.bundle
Expected in: flat namespace
Trace/BPT trap: 5I would be grateful for any advice about how to proceed here.