Page 1 of 2
Polymake with Perl 5.18.0
Posted: 04 Jun 2013, 16:38
by sebasguts
Dear all,
when trying to compile polymake with Perl v5.18.0 I get the following error:
In file included from /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/CORE/perl.h:3482:0,
from /home/gutsche/polymake-svn/include/core/polymake/perl/Ext.h:22,
from Ext.xs:18:
Ext.xs: In function ‘pm_perl_get_cx_curpad’:
/usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/CORE/av.h:62:26: error: ‘PADLIST’ has no member named ‘sv_u’
I tried compiling with the latest snapshot and the latest SVN version. This seems to be a
recent change in Perl. Do you already have a patch for this?
Best wishes,
Sebastian
Re: Polymake with Perl 5.18.0
Posted: 04 Jun 2013, 21:01
by blorenz
So far we have no patch for perl5.18 but we are working on the necessary changes. (Ticket #664)
Benjamin
Re: Polymake with Perl 5.18.0
Posted: 10 Jun 2013, 01:20
by gawrilow
With the revision 11273 you can get the support for perl 5.18.
Re: Polymake with Perl 5.18.0
Posted: 10 Jun 2013, 15:53
by sebasguts
This seems to work, thank you. But when I try to install polymake now, I get the following Error:
/usr/bin/perl perl/polymake --no-config --script filter_rules -m /usr/local/share/polymake common polytope group topaz ideal matroid fan tropical graph
polymake: ERROR: "/tmp/polymake_latest/trunk/scripts/filter_rules", line 61: reference to an undeclared variable @lookup_applications
make: *** [install-shared] Error 1
Maybe I should wait for the next snapshot?
Best wishes,
Sebastian
Re: Polymake with Perl 5.18.0
Posted: 10 Jun 2013, 18:17
by gawrilow
The installation script is fixed now.
I can't tell you what are the current plans about the next snapshot. My refactoring of extension management is not completed yet, so probably it will appear in few weeks only. If you can do without perl 5.18 in the meanwhile, you can surely wait.
Re: Polymake with Perl 5.18.0
Posted: 02 Aug 2013, 18:46
by jamesjer
A rebuild of Fedora Rawhide for perl 5.18 has begun. The polymake package failed to rebuild. The latest snapshot is still from May, before the perl 5.18 fix was committed, so I cannot see what you did. Is there any chance you could share the perl 5.18 update with me so I can fix the Fedora package build? Thank you.
Re: Polymake with Perl 5.18.0
Posted: 14 Aug 2013, 19:10
by paffenholz
There is a new snapshot available on
this site. Hopefully this solves the problem.
Re: Polymake with Perl 5.18.0
Posted: 16 Aug 2013, 17:57
by mlubin
I also have this issue (on archlinux), but the svn command to checkout the snapshot does not appear to be working:
Code: Select all
$ svn checkout --username "guest" --password "" http://polymake.mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de/svn/polymake/snapshots/20130813 .
svn: E215004: No more credentials or we tried too many times.
Authentication failed
Re: Polymake with Perl 5.18.0
Posted: 19 Aug 2013, 11:59
by paffenholz
This problem is caused by svn version 1.8, not by polymake. We have already updated the server configuration according to the recommandations of subversion, but the problem persists. We are not aware of any further changes we can/should do on our side.
We will watch further changes to svn, but currently the only suggestion to fix this is to use an older version of svn. version 1.7 should work.
Re: Polymake with Perl 5.18.0
Posted: 19 Aug 2013, 12:24
by gawrilow
Does this problem only arise when trying to establish a guest access?
I've upgraded svn to 1.8 on my home PC quite a while ago, and haven't experienced any troubles so far.
Maybe it's the empty password what svn doesn't like anymore? Let's try setting it to "guest"?