Page 1 of 1

Installation problems

Posted: 24 Apr 2013, 22:49
by DennyDahl
I've been able to successfully compile polymake-2.12, but when I run the "polymake"
Perl executable, I get the following error message:

[ddahl@sftp perl]$ ./polymake
Undefined subroutine &Polymake::locate_build_dir called at ./polymake line 30.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./polymake line 32.

I've looked for the locate_build_dir subroutine but cannot find it. Note that I have
not attempted to install polymake - I've simply run:

./configure --with-mpfr=/usr/local

and then "make". I've also gotten GMP and also MPFR libraries installed & configured.

Here's my system type:

Linux sftp 2.6.32-279.9.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 31 09:04:24 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

This is my first attempt at compiling polymake, so be kind to a newbie.

Thanks,
-Denny

Re: Installation problems

Posted: 24 Apr 2013, 23:18
by blorenz
Please try to run

Code: Select all

perl/polymake
in the main polymake directory (where you ran configure) instead.

Benjamin

Re: Installation problems

Posted: 26 Apr 2013, 20:37
by DennyDahl
That did it. Thanks. I've been able to compute volumes & facets for some
polytopes of interest. Looks like I'm up & running.
-Denny