Immediate problem with MacOS Polymake
Posted: 06 Jul 2012, 08:51
I have just downloaded and installed the Mac version of Polymake, and the very first example fails.
I typed in the code for the cube in the Tutorial Wiki page, but the command to check if the polytope is simple does not return.
When I checked the processes running on my machine, the process perl5.12 is running at full speed, but nothing has been returned. It has consumed about 10 minutes cpu so far.
To make sure I was doing nothing stupid, I retyped it all into the interactive "Try Polymake online" page and the response was almost immediate.
The computer is a 3.4GHz Core i7 iMac with 16Gb RAM running a fully up-to-date Mac OS X 10.7.4/
I typed in the code for the cube in the Tutorial Wiki page, but the command to check if the polytope is simple does not return.
Code: Select all
polytope > $c = new Polytope<Rational>;
polytope > $c->POINTS=<<".";
polytope (2)> 1 0 0 0
polytope (3)> 1 1 0 0
polytope (4)> 1 0 1 0
polytope (5)> 1 1 1 0
polytope (6)> 1 0 0 1
polytope (7)> 1 1 0 1
polytope (8)> 1 0 1 1
polytope (9)> 1 1 1 1
polytope (10)> .
polytope > $c
polytope > ;
polytope > print $c;
Polymake::polytope::Polytope__Rational=ARRAY(0x7f869d633be8)
polytope > print $c->N_FACETS;
polymake: used package cddlib
Implementation of the double description method of Motzkin et al.
Copyright by Komei Fukuda.
http://www.ifor.math.ethz.ch/~fukuda/cdd_home/cdd.html
polymake: used package lrslib
Implementation of the reverse search algorithm of Avis and Fukuda.
Copyright by David Avis.
http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~avis/lrs.html
6
polytope > print $c->SIMPLE;
To make sure I was doing nothing stupid, I retyped it all into the interactive "Try Polymake online" page and the response was almost immediate.
The computer is a 3.4GHz Core i7 iMac with 16Gb RAM running a fully up-to-date Mac OS X 10.7.4/