Mapping between faces of triangulation and faces of polytope
Posted: 30 May 2012, 19:17
Hello,
I have a question regarding triangulations of point configurations and polytopes in polymake. Assume we have a point configuration $pc and $Q is its convex hull (represented by a polytope) in polymake. For example:
Given a face $f of the boundary of the triangulation of $pc I would like to find the unique face $F of $Q, of the same dimension, that $f lies. Then I would like to find all the points of $pc that lie on $F. Is there a simple way to do this in polymake?
Thanks a lot,
Vissarion
I have a question regarding triangulations of point configurations and polytopes in polymake. Assume we have a point configuration $pc and $Q is its convex hull (represented by a polytope) in polymake. For example:
Code: Select all
$pc=new PointConfiguration<Rational> (POINTS=>[[1,0,0],[1,1,2],[1,4,2],[1,2,1]], WEIGHTS=>[0,0,0,-1], WEIGHTS_GENERIC=>1);
$Q=new Polytope<Rational>(POINTS=>$pc->POINTS);
Thanks a lot,
Vissarion