Page 1 of 1

Cones and FACETS, EQUATIONS

Posted: 27 Mar 2012, 12:29
by simon
Hi there,

I've got another beginner's question: If I define a rational Cone, say the two-dimensional cone

Code: Select all

$c = new Cone(INPUT_RAYS=>[[1,0,0],[1,0,1]]);
and I want to compute both, its defining inequalities and its defining equations (such that c is the intersection of halfspaces and hyperplanes), I just know about

Code: Select all

print $c->FACETS;
which gives

Code: Select all

1 0 -1 0 0 1
but $c->EQUATIONS; just produces a waring "WARNING: available properties insufficient to compute EQUATIONS".
Surely, I'm doing something wrong?

Re: Cones and FACETS, EQUATIONS

Posted: 27 Mar 2012, 13:19
by herr
You are on the right track, but EQUATIONS is an input property (like INEQUALITIES, INPUT_RAYS, or INPUT_LINEALITY). The defining equations are stored in LINEAR_SPAN (and the defining inequalities are stored in FACETS).

Re: Cones and FACETS, EQUATIONS

Posted: 27 Mar 2012, 13:56
by simon
Thanks! (I assumed LINEAR_SPAN would give the linear hull )