Page 1 of 1

colors: missing rgb.txt

Posted: 18 Mar 2012, 23:55
by plyib
Hello,
I am new to this group. Thank you to all who contributed to this fine program !

I have the following problem with polymake. I have installed polymake 2.11 under arch linux. If I use color names, e. g. with the following command from the tutorial:

simplex(3)->VISUAL(VertexColor=> sub { $i = shift; new RGB($i*0.33,$i*0.33,0); });

I get the following message:

polymake: ERROR: color list rgb.txt not found, can't use symbolic color names

The same line worked fine for me under Debian Linux (with a somewhat older polymake version). It would be fine if someone could tell me whether there esists an easy solution or workaraound for my problem.

Thank you for reading this.

kind regards

I. B.

Re: colors: missing rgb.txt

Posted: 20 Mar 2012, 09:42
by herr
The path to rgb.txt is usually detected automatically, but it can also be specified in the file customize.pl in your .polymake folder. The variable is called $Visual::Color::RGBtxt_path. For me the following worked:

Code: Select all

$Visual::Color::RGBtxt_path='/usr/share/X11/rgb.txt';

Re: colors: missing rgb.txt

Posted: 20 Mar 2012, 23:49
by plyib
Thank you very much for your helpful reply, it's working fine!
kind regards
I. B.