Page 1 of 1
Concatenating matrices in 2.11 produces segfaults
Posted: 30 Jan 2012, 13:36
by hampe
The following lines entered in the polymake shell will produce a segfault in my polymake installation (ubuntu maverick, perl v5.10.1, compiled polymake with gcc-4.4/g++-4.4):
Code: Select all
$r = new Matrix<Rational>([[1,1,1]]);
$m = new Matrix<Rational>(0,4);
$or = (zero_vector<Rational>(1)) | $r;
$m = $m / $or;
However, if I replace the last line by
Code: Select all
$m = $m / new Matrix<Rational>($or);
everything turns out normal. This did definitely not happen in 2.10.
Re: Concatenating matrices in 2.11 produces segfaults
Posted: 30 Jan 2012, 16:40
by gawrilow
This bug has already been reported elsewhere in the forum and is also already fixed in the development branch. Do you have an access to it, or do you want to get it?
Re: Concatenating matrices in 2.11 produces segfaults
Posted: 30 Jan 2012, 17:34
by hampe
Ah, sorry, forgot to look through the forum topics first, my mistake. I do have read access to the svn repos, so I can get the dev version from there. Thank you!
Re: Concatenating matrices in 2.11 produces segfaults
Posted: 01 Feb 2012, 15:45
by hampe
Follow-up: While I do have read access to the svn repository, when I try to check it out, I cannot download some directories in external/ (e.g. jreality). svn asks me for my credentials but finally fails to authenticate. Do these have different access rights and might I have read access?
make keeps pestering me about my path to jreality...

Re: Concatenating matrices in 2.11 produces segfaults
Posted: 01 Feb 2012, 15:58
by herr
You need an extra login and password for the
jReality repository:
Login as user
guest with empty password.