Page 1 of 1

Problems generating documentation

Posted: 13 Jan 2012, 13:57
by hampe
I have a problem generating the documentation for polymake:

1) When I call 'make docs' at the end of the installation process I get
/usr/bin/perl perl/polymake --script generate_docs /usr/local/share/polymake/doc common fan graph group matroid polytope topaz tropical
/tmp/poly10985Taaaa0001/common.xml:5: parser error : internal error
%HTMLsymbol; %HTMLlat1;
^
Entity: line 1:
%HTMLlat1;
^
/tmp/poly10985Taaaa0001/common.xml:5: parser error : DOCTYPE improperly terminated
%HTMLsymbol; %HTMLlat1;
^
Entity: line 1:
%HTMLlat1;
^
/tmp/poly10985Taaaa0001/common.xml:6: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
]>
^
unable to parse common.xml
polymake: ERROR: Command 'xsltproc /usr/local/share/polymake/doc/inc/common.inc doc common.xml' returned with error code 1536
Temporary files preserved in /tmp/poly10985Taaaa0001
make: *** [docs] Fehler 1
2) Similary, when I try to create the documentation for my polymake application atint with script("generate_docs","/home/hampe/work/temp","atint"), I get the exact same error (except that "common" is replaced by "atint")

I run Ubuntu Maverick and polymake 2.11 (but I had the same problem under 2.10-2). I recall successfully generating the documentation for my application at some earlier point in time (might have still been Lucid then and 2.10-1, but I'm not sure). Maybe there is a problem with the version of libxslt or xsltproc (both 1.1.26-6)?

Re: Problems generating documentation

Posted: 13 Jan 2012, 15:20
by gawrilow
Probably you are missing the pre-installed DTDs for XHTML. In Ubuntu, they are packaged under the name w3c-dtd-xhtml.

Re: Problems generating documentation

Posted: 13 Jan 2012, 16:47
by hampe
That did the trick, thank you very much! (Ts... forgot to read the requirement list in the source code installation manual... the package is actually mentioned there. I apologize :) )