Page 1 of 1

Computing property REGULAR of a fan

Posted: 11 Jan 2012, 16:19
by sebasguts
Hello,

I have problems computing the property REGULAR of a complete fan. It does not work exept when I'm create a fan with the method normal_fan. I THINK I have the latest 3rd party apps installed and also configured everything.

Thank you very much,
Sebastian

P.S.: It also does not work in your web interface.

Re: Computing property REGULAR of a fan

Posted: 13 Jan 2012, 15:36
by paffenholz
There is no proper method to decide polytopality of a fan.
So in polymake this property is only known if
- then fan comes from a polytope (then it is true)
- the fan is not complete or the dual graph not connected (then it is false)
or you provide it during input.

If you know the value of REGULAR for your particular instance then you can add the property by creating a copy of the fan.