Page 1 of 1

callable library

Posted: 10 Jan 2012, 10:41
by nkriha
From reading the documentation for c++ clients I got the impression that assignment would work automagicaly with the reference counting behind the scenes. So it was somewhat surprising to see this eat up memory rather fast.

Code: Select all

polymake::Main m; m.set_application("polytope"); pm::perl::Scope s = m.newScope(); pm::perl::Object p; while(1){ CallPolymakeFunction("rand_sphere", 20, 200) >> p; }
Shouldn't the memory for the old polytope be freed each loop iteration or am I misusing perl::Objects here?


I have another totally unrelated question. How can I use the return value of a script from the callable library? I tried

Code: Select all

CallPolymakeFunction("script", "/pathtoscript/simple.pl") >> p;
with a trivial script like

Code: Select all

use application "polytope"; cube(3);
but accessing any of p's attributes will result in a "Can't call method "type" on an undefined value" exception at runtime.

Re: callable library

Posted: 10 Jan 2012, 12:20
by gawrilow
Looks like bugs, especially the second one. Could you please create Trac tickets?