Page 1 of 1

Extending %Visual::Graph::decorations

Posted: 31 Aug 2011, 18:23
by hampe
I'm trying to write a visualization that eventually calls the VISUAL method of graph::Graph, but has some additional options. To this extent I declared

Code: Select all

options %Visual::RationalCurve::decorations=( %Visual::Graph::decorations, ... );
When starting polymake I get the error message
Loading applications now...polymake: ERROR: "/home/hampe/work/atint/apps/atint/rules/RationalCurve_visual.rules", line 38: help tag @related refers to an unknown topic
There is no help tag @related and adding one above or below the declaration doesn't change the outcome (line 38 is the line below the options declaration). What does change the outcome is replacing %Visual::Graph::decorations by %Visual::Polygons::decorations, here polymake starts without complaining and autocompletion for the VISUAL method works as expected (but of course that's not quite what I want ;) )
I also tried adding 'require' statements like 'require Visual::Graph' etc., but that didn't change anything. Am I missing something or doing something I'm not supposed to do? :)

Re: Extending %Visual::Graph::decorations

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 08:51
by gawrilow
It's not your fault, it looks like a bug in polymake. I suspect, it is caused by the fact that you are referring to options defined in another application, which is not imported into yours. How did you declare your application, did you put any IMPORT or USE commands in its rules? Would adding "IMPORT graph" alleviate your problem?

Re: Extending %Visual::Graph::decorations

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 11:22
by hampe
I did IMPORT common and USE fan and matroid in main.rules. And importing graph did indeed solve the problem. Thank you very much!