Page 2 of 2
Re: using polymake in a C++ program
Posted: 08 Dec 2012, 15:56
by soeren
The GNU.pm is indeed not there. I also can't find it elsewhere. I tried to reinstall fink, but still: no GNU.pm file. If you think this is bug in fink I'll contact the fink mailing list.
Re: using polymake in a C++ program
Posted: 08 Dec 2012, 17:12
by paffenholz
This seems to be a bug in fink, the file should be at Term/Readline/Gnu.pm. Currently, the fink package database is unavailable, but I will check as soon as I can access the package.
Re: using polymake in a C++ program
Posted: 10 Dec 2012, 21:47
by soeren
I works now. I did a reinstall again. The GNU.pm can now be found in /sw/lib/perl5/5.12.3/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Term/ReadLine. I had to adjust the PERL5LIB variable anyway, which is still a bit confusing since I already were able to compile polymake a few month ago. That means the environment variable somehow changed. Anyway, I'm glad it works.
Re: using polymake in a C++ program
Posted: 10 Dec 2012, 22:16
by paffenholz
I was about to write... I checked today with a fink installation on Mac OS 10.8. The package seems to be okay, and on the computer I checked also PERL5LIB has been set correctly by fink. It should point to "/sw/lib/perl5".
Anyway, if it works now then ejoy polymake.
perl module Term::ReadLine::Gnu
Posted: 29 Jan 2013, 00:33
by ramanath
I am on MAC OS X 10.8.2, trying to install the latest polymake.
I have this when I do ./configure
WARNING: perl module Term::ReadLine::Gnu required for polymake not found on your machine.
I can see Gnu.pm under /sw/lib/perl5/5.12.3/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Term/ReadLine/Gnu.pm
My PERL5LIB env variable is
PERL5LIB=/sw/lib/perl5:/sw/lib/perl5/darwin
It is really weird that polymake cannot find it -- any tips?
The only mildly remarkable thing about the fink install was that I couldn't find the boost1.41.cmake so I installed the boost1.46.cmake.
The install message says "Configuration goes on, nevertheless." But ends immediately. Does this mean I am good to go? Although "make" doesn't work (seg fault in internal/type_manip.h:2068)
thanks much for any help
-Ram
Re: perl module Term::ReadLine::Gnu
Posted: 29 Jan 2013, 09:50
by paffenholz
I am on MAC OS X 10.8.2, trying to install the latest polymake.
I have this when I do ./configure
WARNING: perl module Term::ReadLine::Gnu required for polymake not found on your machine.
I can see Gnu.pm under /sw/lib/perl5/5.12.3/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Term/ReadLine/Gnu.pm
My PERL5LIB env variable is
PERL5LIB=/sw/lib/perl5:/sw/lib/perl5/darwin
It is really weird that polymake cannot find it -- any tips?
I am sorry, we put the wrong perl version on the installation page. The perl version must match exactly the perl version of your OS, and this is probably 5.12.4. fink also has term-readline-gnu-pm5124, please install this one, and the configuration should be fine.
The only mildly remarkable thing about the fink install was that I couldn't find the boost1.41.cmake so I installed the boost1.46.cmake.
Same mistake as above.
The install message says "Configuration goes on, nevertheless." But ends immediately. Does this mean I am good to go? Although "make" doesn't work (seg fault in internal/type_manip.h:2068)
Which compiler do you use? Neither the gcc nor the clang contained in Xcode will work. They both use the llvm backend, but the version chosen by apple is too old (i.e. too many things we need not yet implemented in this version). Either install a gcc with fink, or compile your own, or take a svn checkout of clang.
Re: using polymake in a C++ program
Posted: 29 Jan 2013, 22:58
by ramanath
Thanks for the reply. I installed the 5124 and it worked fine.
I installed gcc47 from Fink (had to update my Xcode for taking care of a dependency). But I am not sure how to use it. I tried doing
./configure CC=/sw/bin/gcc-4
but doing the make after it gives the same problem. I did not add the CXX option because there is no /sw/bin/g++ ?? I am missing something here?
BTW, I noticed you have updated your web page for 10.8 to say pm5124 instead of pm5123. One minor thing is that you may also want to change boost1.46.cmake to boost1.46.1.cmake (they have a 1 after now, they didn't in 1.41)
Any help with choosing the right gcc for configuring appreciated.
thanks
-Ram
Re: using polymake in a C++ program
Posted: 30 Jan 2013, 09:47
by paffenholz
Thanks for the reply. I installed the 5124 and it worked fine.
I installed gcc47 from Fink (had to update my Xcode for taking care of a dependency). But I am not sure how to use it. I tried doing
./configure CC=/sw/bin/gcc-4
but doing the make after it gives the same problem. I did not add the CXX option because there is no /sw/bin/g++ ?? I am missing something here?
There should indeed be a corresponding g++-4 in your fink installation, if not, this is a bug in fink. In my fink installation the compilers are called gcc-fsf-4.7 and g++-fsf-4.7, and they are symbolic links into /sw/lib/gcc4.7/bin/. Maybe yours is a link as well, and the one for g++-4 is missing for some reason? Which fink package did you install? I used "gcc47-compiler"
BTW, I noticed you have updated your web page for 10.8 to say pm5124 instead of pm5123. One minor thing is that you may also want to change boost1.46.cmake to boost1.46.1.cmake (they have a 1 after now, they didn't in 1.41)
Thanks for the hint!
Andreas
Re: using polymake in a C++ program
Posted: 30 Jan 2013, 23:09
by ramanath
You are right, there is a g++-4 in /sw/bin, I missed it as I did "find" for g++ exact match.
I can start Polymake and it seems to work fine!
Thank you!
Ram