Hom-, or Mapping-Polytopes

Questions and problems about using polymake go here.
jackeddielove

Hom-, or Mapping-Polytopes

Postby jackeddielove » 20 Jan 2012, 23:15

I am brand new to Polymake. I'm working with Dr. Gubeladze at San Francisco State University on Hom-polytopes. I understand Polymake will tell me the number of vertices of the Hom-polytope between a specified source and target polytope of sufficiently small dimension. How do I ask Polymake to do this?

joswig
Main Author

Re: Hom-, or Mapping-Polytopes

Postby joswig » 23 Jan 2012, 10:33

Here is one example:

Code: Select all

polytope > $m=mapping_polytope(simplex(2),cube(2)); polytope > print $m->N_VERTICES; 64
For more information on creating polytopes and such please look at the tutorials. Also useful is polymake's online help functionality.

Code: Select all

polytope > help "mapping_polytope"; functions/Producing a new polyhedron from others/mapping_polytope: mapping_polytope(P1, P2; Options) -> Polytope Construct a new polytope as the mapping polytope of two polytopes P1 and P2. The mapping polytope is the set of all affine maps from R<sup>p</sup> to R<sup>q</sup>, that map P1 into P2. The label of a new facet corresponding to v<sub>1</sub> and h<sub>1</sub> will have the form "v<sub>1</sub>*h<sub>1</sub>". Arguments: Polytope P1 Polytope P2 Options: relabel => Bool Returns Polytope

jackeddielove

Re: Hom-, or Mapping-Polytopes

Postby jackeddielove » 23 Jan 2012, 23:03

Thank you!

Return to “Helpdesk”