Mac OS X Yosemite

Questions and problems about using polymake go here.
littelma

Mac OS X Yosemite

Postby littelma » 22 Oct 2014, 12:01

After I installed Yosemite on my Mac, polymake doesn't work anymore.
I get the following message:

your perl version does not match the perl version this app was built for
please download and install the version of polymake that corresponds
to the version of your system perl
You can find the version number by executing
/usr/bin/perl --version
in a terminal.
If there is no version of the polymake app matching your perl version
please contact us at http://forum.polymake.org

Well, there is no version of polymake for perl 5, version 18, subversion 2 (v5.18.2)
as far as I see, so what should I do to make polymake running again on my Mac.

Best wishes, Peter

paffenholz
Developer

Re: Mac OS X Yosemite

Postby paffenholz » 22 Oct 2014, 14:53

Yosemite has only been released a couple of days ago, and we have no early access to test. Some essential software used by polymake has changed between 10.9 and 10.10 (in particular perl and the C compiler), which currently breaks the build process. So, there is no bundle version for 10.10 yet. We are working on this, but I have to ask for patience.

You can also try to compile from the sources. Though, in doing this you might face the same compiler problems as above. Also, the fink project essentially has the same problems as we have, and although they are working hard, they have made available the necessary packages only some hours ago, and some are still in experimental stage.

Unfortunately, it is not even viable for users to switch back to the old perl version 5.16 until we have solved the problems with perl and gcc. Although 10.10 comes with a perl 5.16, apple chose to include 5.16.3 instead of the 5.16.2 that has been the default on 10.9.

So please be patient. I will post to the forum once we have a working version.

Andreas

blorenz
Developer

Re: Mac OS X Yosemite

Postby blorenz » 22 Oct 2014, 16:39

In the meantime if you dont have access to a linux machine you can use the online version.

Benjamin

Return to “Helpdesk”