Search found 14 matches

Go to advanced search

by MattLarson
23 Oct 2023, 22:10
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Finding all bistellar flips of a triangulation
Replies: 0
Views: 241291

Finding all bistellar flips of a triangulation

I was wondering if there is an efficient implementation of an algorithm to find all bistellar flips of a given triangulation of a polytope in polymake.

The polytope I have in mind is an empty lattice polytope.

Thank you!
by MattLarson
13 Sep 2021, 04:27
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Checking if two fans have the same support
Replies: 3
Views: 20397

Re: Checking if two fans have the same support

That works for my purposes, thank you!
by MattLarson
21 Jul 2021, 19:55
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Checking if two fans have the same support
Replies: 3
Views: 20397

Checking if two fans have the same support

Hi,

Is there a way to check if two fans have the same support?

The fans I am interested are pure and full-dimensional.

One could take a common refinement, and then check if both fans are subdivisions of the common refinement. But I don't know how to check if one fan is a subdivision of another ...
by MattLarson
12 Aug 2020, 03:22
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: "det" in pdl and "det" in polymake
Replies: 5
Views: 21646

Re: "det" in pdl and "det" in polymake

Now I see that the function "pluecker" does exactly what I want. So that provides a (better) work around.

Thank you!
by MattLarson
12 Aug 2020, 02:27
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: "det" in pdl and "det" in polymake
Replies: 5
Views: 21646

Re: "det" in pdl and "det" in polymake

Of course I could write my own function to compute the determinant of a polymake matrix, I was just wondering if there is an easy way around this.
by MattLarson
12 Aug 2020, 02:08
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: "det" in pdl and "det" in polymake
Replies: 5
Views: 21646

Re: "det" in pdl and "det" in polymake

I guess my question is: Is there a way to give the "det" function in polymake an alias so that I can call it, even though "det" in pdl has the same name?

That said, here is (the relevant pieces) of my code.
First I have a function that computes multiplicity using polymake's "det" function

sub ...
by MattLarson
09 Aug 2020, 04:17
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: "det" in pdl and "det" in polymake
Replies: 5
Views: 21646

"det" in pdl and "det" in polymake

Hi,

I have written a script that uses pdl to do some linear algebra computations. In the same script, I'm trying to do a linear algebra computation using the matrix class in polymake.

The issue I'm encountering is that when I apply det to a polymake matrix, it does the pdl det and gives an error ...
by MattLarson
28 Dec 2019, 01:56
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Finding the cone-facet correspondence in the normal fan
Replies: 2
Views: 15122

Finding the cone-facet correspondence in the normal fan

If I have a (in my case unbounded) polytope, then I can compute the normal fan using normal_fan. Then there is an inclusion-reversing correspondence between the cones of the normal fan and the faces of the polytope.

Given a cone of the normal fan, I would like to find the corresponding face of the ...
by MattLarson
05 Nov 2019, 18:56
Forum: Installing polymake
Topic: Instaling polymake on macOS 10.14
Replies: 3
Views: 17776

Re: Instaling polymake on macOS 10.14

Thank you for your help!

In case this helps anyone else, I think the issue was that for some reason the homebrew installation of ninja wasn't working properly. After I manually installed it, everything compiled without a problem.

Go to advanced search