Search found 3 matches

Go to advanced search

by ruescasd
28 Oct 2013, 21:38
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Sampling lattice polytope vertices
Replies: 4
Views: 10116

Re: Sampling lattice polytope vertices

Thanks again Josh.

I am currently looking at hit and run as described here http://www-math.ucdenver.edu/~hgreenbe/ ... etal04.pdf, as well as markov chains as described here ftp://ftp.stat.duke.edu/pub/WorkingPapers/04-12.pdf for monte carlo sampling on vertices
by ruescasd
18 Oct 2013, 12:07
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Sampling lattice polytope vertices
Replies: 4
Views: 10116

Re: Sampling lattice polytope vertices

Hi Josh thanks for your response

Perhaps I was not very clear, my question is about random vertex sampling because the number of vertices that I expect will be in the polytope will be too large to just calculate over all of them, as in your example in 2), or to use rand_vert.

My polytope is given ...
by ruescasd
17 Oct 2013, 17:39
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Sampling lattice polytope vertices
Replies: 4
Views: 10116

Sampling lattice polytope vertices

Hello all,

Ive been looking at polymake (looks great) and have a simple question regarding a specific use case.

I have a lattice polytope and I want to compute some function on its vertices (specifically, I want to calculate probabilities over some properties of the vertices). Because the number ...

Go to advanced search