Search found 8 matches

Go to advanced search

by uramakrishna
04 Aug 2011, 15:42
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Removal of Lineality Space
Replies: 1
Views: 5733

Removal of Lineality Space

Hello Polymakers,

Are there any routines in Polymake to remove the lineality space from the input polyhedron (in constraint form), so that the resultant is a full dimensional one?

Is it right that a "gaussian elimination" algorithm should be able to do the same, with cubic complexity?

Thanks ...
by uramakrishna
24 Jul 2011, 19:47
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: google groups as archive
Replies: 0
Views: 29879

google groups as archive

Hello Moderators,

Maybe you could consider archiving the forum on google groups. It has a more standard interface in which one can search for past messages.

Just a suggestion!
Regards
Ramakrishna
by uramakrishna
24 Jul 2011, 19:44
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Orthant and Origin along with the polytope
Replies: 1
Views: 5158

Orthant and Origin along with the polytope

Hello Polymakers (after a long time),

Could someone please let me know of any trick by which I can visualize the orthant system (and the origin as well) along with the polytope?

Thanks
Ramakrishna
by uramakrishna
26 May 2011, 19:03
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: pre-loading with script containing user written routines?
Replies: 2
Views: 7780

pre-loading with script containing user written routines?

Hello Polymake users,

I have a couple of routines to print my polytopes in a separate file. Is there anyway I can make polymake load this file when I start polymake by giving this file name at command line?

I tried with --script option, but it seems to be doing something else.

Thanks for the ...
by uramakrishna
26 May 2011, 18:56
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: properties insufficient to compute 'INEQUALITIES'?
Replies: 2
Views: 7110

properties insufficient to compute 'INEQUALITIES'?

Hello everyone,

Could someone please explain how to avoid this following warning or what causes it?

polymake: WARNING: available properties insufficient to compute 'INEQUALITIES'

Thanks
Ramakrishna
by uramakrishna
20 May 2011, 18:20
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Segmentation fault and 2.9.9 vs. 2.9.10
Replies: 3
Views: 8696

Re: Segmentation fault and 2.9.9 vs. 2.9.10

Sorry, the second code should be the following:

$another_poly=new Polytope<Rational>(VERTICES=>[[-1,0,0], [1,-1,0], [-4,1,0], [1,0,-1], [-2,0,1], [-7,1,3]]);


print $another_poly->N_FACETS;
print $another_poly->FACETS;
print $another_poly->SIMPLE;
print $another_poly->F_VECTOR;
print $another_poly ...
by uramakrishna
20 May 2011, 15:23
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Segmentation fault and 2.9.9 vs. 2.9.10
Replies: 3
Views: 8696

Segmentation fault and 2.9.9 vs. 2.9.10

Hello,

Could someone help me on why the following codes segv? I am using 2.9.9. (I think I could be doing something trivially incorrect as for similar simple examples, polymake was running fine a couple of days back.)

Also, I would like to know if 2.9.10 is an actual alpha release. This is because ...
by uramakrishna
17 May 2011, 13:45
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Visualizing Cones
Replies: 1
Views: 6181

Visualizing Cones

Hello,

I am a new user of Polymake and am fascinated by it! Thanks to the authors.

I have a simple questions to begin with, as my current work involves (homogeneous) cones and their polars and I am having trouble using "polytope versions" of them. Could someone help me on some tricks on how to ...

Go to advanced search