Search found 4 matches

Go to advanced search

by PaulH
11 Jun 2021, 13:03
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: Stable intersection not contained in set-theoretic intersection
Replies: 6
Views: 25943

Stable intersection not contained in set-theoretic intersection

Hi,

I have a question about the "intersect" and "set_theoretic_intersection" commands in polymake. I made an example down below with two tropical hypersurfaces in R^{4}. Polymake then tells me that their stable intersection is two-dimensional, whereas their set-theoretic intersection is one ...
by PaulH
29 Mar 2021, 17:44
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: macOS Installation Problems
Replies: 4
Views: 15708

Re: macOS Installation Problems

Great, I got it to work, thank you!

(I also had to add sudo to the install line, but everything after this worked out fine.)
by PaulH
25 Mar 2021, 16:21
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: macOS Installation Problems
Replies: 4
Views: 15708

Re: macOS Installation Problems

Ok, so the installation failed. I first got the following:


!
! Can't write to /Library/Perl/5.18 and /usr/local/bin: Installing modules to /Users/paulalexanderhelminck/perl5
! To turn off this warning, you have to do one of the following:
! - run me as a root or with --sudo option (to install to ...
by PaulH
22 Mar 2021, 17:18
Forum: Helpdesk
Topic: macOS Installation Problems
Replies: 4
Views: 15708

macOS Installation Problems

Hi,

I just tried installing polymake using the steps here https://polymake.org/doku.php/install/macos, and I got a couple of error messages that I couldn't directly resolve.

Under "Install dependencies with Perlbrew", I tried the command

brew link --force readline

and I got the following ...

Go to advanced search